[asterisk-users] Asterisk might be dropping RTP packets before reaching eth int?

Jonathan Miller iamfromit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:06:16 CDT 2008

We put a 3c509 in, just for posterity, and it did not help the issue.
I verified that the NIC is not sharing any interrupts, that there is
no excessive disk wait, and that asterisk thinks it is sending the
packets. They are simply not making it to the physical interface.

Is there somewhere else I can look or something else I can do? How
would I go about prioritizing the asterisk process? There's not a lot
of processes running besides asterisk itself, dhcpd, tftpd and
postfix. Really just kernel stuff after that...

This is killing me. Voice drops out for various periods (between 1/2
and 5 seconds) and lost packets do not show up with a rtp rtcp
stats...

This is weird. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. We spent 6
hours on phone with Digium support yesterday and could not locate an
issue within asterisk itself.

-Jonathan