[asterisk-users] AMI and extensions.conf

Vadim Lebedev vadim at mbdsys.com
Fri Aug 15 20:46:54 CDT 2008

Vadim Lebedev <vadim <at> mbdsys.com> writes:

> Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen <at> xorcom.com> writes:
>

> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 04:06:27PM +0000, Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a wayy to modify extensions.conf
> > > It seems that PutConfig AMI command is not
> > > supposed to work on extensionsq.conf
> >
> > It should. Do you have a test case where it doesn't?
> >

> Action: updateconfig
> reload: no
> srcfilename: extensions.conf
> dstfilename:  extensions.conf
> Action-0000: append
> Var-0000: exten
> Value-0000: 999,1,Noop(999)
> Cat-0000: ami-test
>
> Response: Success
>
> But the file itself is not modified

Ok i've fixed the problem (actually there was two of them
1) space in after colon in "dstfilename:  extensions.conf"  and
2) numiric id have to be in XXXXXX (6 digit) format

I've also fixed text here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+UpdateConfig

which erronously stated that thi command is unable to handle extensions.conf
agents.conf , etc  (where you have var => value form)

Thanks
Vadim