[asterisk-users] SIP Callerid Question

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Fri Aug 15 14:57:56 CDT 2008

Nevermind, I just answered my own question.  Used "username" instead of
"fromuser".

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Adam
Robins
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 3:31 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] SIP Callerid Question

I have two Asterisk 1.2 boxes across a WAN.  Calls between them are sent
via SIP g729a.   The issue is that the original calleridnum is
overwritten by the value of the "fromuser" parameter in sip.conf on the
originating server.  Is there any way to preserve the original
calleridnum value?  Calleridname is not affected.  I suppose I could
concatenate the number into the name field and then parse it out at the
other end, but . . .

I know this issue has been around for a while, and is documented.  I'm
wondering if anything has changed or there are any new solutions:

Thanks,

Adam