[asterisk-users] PRI TBCT - Practical Experience, Anybody?

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Fri Aug 15 13:12:40 CDT 2008

1. The carrier you are connected to must be licensed for it and have the
necessary software, if the carrier requires, your circuit(s) must be
provisioned for it. The originating/destination carriers shouldn't matter.

2. Both incoming and outgoing calls can be transferred to a second outgoing
call; I think it's theoretically possible to connect two incoming calls, but
I haven't done that.

3. This may rely on your carrier. My carrier allows me to include anything I
choose as outbound ANI--I don't abuse it.

4. To the best of my knowledge, the originating caller and destination can
be anywhere in the world.

Your scenario sounds workable to me.

My experience (non-Asterisk) is using NI2 on DMS and 5E switches in North
America. Carrier personnel are generally unfamiliar with TBCT and your
initial installation will probably involve a little frustration.

  --Don

Don Kelly
PCF Corp
Real Support for your Virtual Office TM