[asterisk-users] Problem with Aastra 480ci and qualify=yes

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Aug 15 09:59:45 CDT 2008

James Lamanna wrote:
> Hi,
> We have a few Aastra 480ci phones and we've noticed that in order to
> get the phone to receive a call, qualify must be = no.
> Apparently the Aastras do not respond to the qualify message (or
> respond in a way Asterisk doesn't understand) and Asterisk thinks the
> phone is unreachable.
> However, this now prevents MWI from working properly on the phones.
>
> Does anyone know how to get MWI working without qualify? Or how to get
> qualify working again with the Aastras?

We have a number of 480i and one 480ct all setup with "qualify=yes"
(Asterisk 1.2.24)
Our inbound call centre seems to be pretty busy and my own MWI lights up
far too often. Never had a problem with either.

Which version of firmware?
Which version of Asterisk?
What's in your sip.conf?
What error messages show on the console?
Anything relevant in the logs?

regards,

Drew

--