[asterisk-users] asterisk realtime and creating "new" contexts

Saul Bejarano saul at procomm100.com
Thu Aug 14 21:55:10 CDT 2008

By using the standard FreePBX you have all the work done, from that
point you just have to enter the information on Mysql:
mysql> use asterisk;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+---------------------+
| Tables_in_asterisk  |
+---------------------+
| Backup              |
| admin               |
| ampusers            |
| announcement        |
| callback            |
| cidlookup           |
| cidlookup_incoming  |
| cronmanager         |
| custom_destinations |
| custom_extensions   |
| customerdb          |
| daynight            |
| devices             |
| disa                |
| extensions          |
| featurecodes        |
| findmefollow        |
| freepbx_log         |
| gabcast             |
| globals             |
| iax                 |
| incoming            |
| inventorydb         |
| ivr                 |
| ivr_dests           |
| languages           |
| manager             |
| meetme              |
| miscapps            |
| miscdests           |
| module_xml          |
| modules             |
| notifications       |
| paging_autoanswer   |
| paging_config       |
| paging_groups       |
| parkinglot          |
| phpagiconf          |
| pinsets             |
| queues_config       |
| queues_details      |
| recordings          |
| ringgroups          |
| sip                 |
| timeconditions      |
| users               |
| vmblast             |
| vmblast_groups      |
| zap                 |
| zapchandids         |
+---------------------+
50 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The table that will handle your extensions will be SIP not extensions,
Extensions will handle the dial plan for outbound dialing:
mysql> select * from sip where id=1418
     -> ;
+------+-------------+---------------+-------+
| id   | keyword     | data          | flags |
+------+-------------+---------------+-------+
| 1418 | account     | 1418          |     0 |
| 1418 | accountcode |               |     0 |
| 1418 | allow       |               |     0 |
| 1418 | callerid    | device <1418> |     0 |
| 1418 | callgroup   |               |     0 |
| 1418 | canreinvite | no            |     0 |
| 1418 | context     | from-internal |     0 |
| 1418 | dial        | SIP/1418      |     0 |
| 1418 | disallow    |               |     0 |
| 1418 | dtmfmode    | rfc2833       |     0 |
| 1418 | host        | dynamic       |     0 |
| 1418 | mailbox     | 1418 at device   |     0 |
| 1418 | nat         | yes           |     0 |
| 1418 | pickupgroup |               |     0 |
| 1418 | port        | 5060          |     0 |
| 1418 | qualify     | yes           |     0 |
| 1418 | record_in   | Adhoc         |     0 |
| 1418 | record_out  | Adhoc         |     0 |
| 1418 | secret      | 12524674      |     0 |
| 1418 | type        | friend        |     0 |
20 rows in set (0.00 sec)

This method is great because you can customize not only the information
that you are writing to create the extensions but the information that
you allow your customer to modify to manage features like follow me,
forwarding, etc.

Saul Bejarano