[asterisk-users] Still have a callno...

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Aug 14 12:55:31 CDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 12:19:46 Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I see this message from time to time in the console output, but I've no
> idea what it means. I see it in the source code of chan_iax2.c but I don't
> know enough about the code to work out what it means...
>
> Googling the lists shows a post from 2003 from someone asking what it
> means too... (with no replies)..
>
> So, does anyone know what it actually means, and what triggers it? Is it a
> bug, feature, configuration error, something wrong with the Interweb
> connection or ...
>
> And while it pops up from time to time on it's own, it always is printed
> (Several times) when I issue an iax2 reload on the console... Even when
> there are no calls in progress (and it's repeatable)
>
> Any clues, hints, insights, or even just a "ignore it, it's not important"
> would be handy to hear :)

It means that the previous call session is still active for a POKE/PONG/ACK
protocol exchange, so the new call has to destroy that session first, before
creating a new one.  The message itself is mostly harmless, although it does
usually mean that something is not answering correctly.  Usually, it means the
ACK for the PONG was not properly received, either because it was dropped
somewhere along the line or because a remote host is not behaving properly.
If you get this message, you should check to see that your network connection
is stable, but otherwise you can safely ignore it.

--
Tilghman