[asterisk-users] OT: Asterisk on fitPC

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Aug 13 02:05:44 CDT 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, mail-lists wrote:

>> Hm. $300 in the US and the UK disty is selling them for just short of
>> £240, so they can go stuff themselves, low-power or not. (I buy 1GHz
> > systems with 1GB of RAM, running at 15W for half that. No drive though)
>
> Gordon,
>
> If you don't mind my asking: What do you get for $150.00 ?

According to Google this morning:

150 U.S. dollars = 79.0305585 British pounds

But because I live in the UK and deal exclusively in GBP, I meant half the
UK price. That might not have been clear in my email.

So, I can't get a lot for that ($150/£79), but for £129 I can get a 1GHz
Via processor in a nice thin client box with an external "brick" PSU and
1GB of RAM.

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12008

For me, it's the perfect small-office PBX system and I've deployed quite a
few of them now.

For a long time there's been a US -> UK conversion for imported stuff
where they basically replace the $ sign with a £ sign, and it seems this
is almost what's going on here. (We call it "rip-off Britain")

At the current exchange rate, $300 is just over £150 and for that, I can
get my 1GHz systems complete with a 128MB flash IDE drive.

Gordon