[asterisk-users] LNP Problems

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Aug 12 16:26:42 CDT 2008

When you provide TWTelecom with an LOA (Letter of Authorization) you want to
be sure it's absolutely accurate and signed by someone with authority over
the account that the numbers are coming from. That's why it's desirable to
have a CSR (Customer Service Record) to make sure that your LNP request to
the new carrier is letter-perfect. Getting a phone bill from your client
will make sure that the client's name is spelled correctly or misspelled
exactly as the old carrier has it, etc. The bill will NOT tell you who
should sign the LOA; you don't want to be surprised--it may be that the
phone company doesn't recognize the president of the company, and insists
that the LOA be signed by the IT manager who set up the service before he
left the organization six months ago.

  --Don

Don Kelly
PCF Corp