[asterisk-users] I used to use an Asterisk server, but now it is overkill, ...

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Tue Aug 12 12:30:24 CDT 2008

I had installed in the office an Asterisk server, but the company is
gone and I could keep the server.

However, for my family with three members and two phone lines this
server is overkill. I am looking for a compact solution, which is more
suitable for me.

I want a small & silent box, which can connect two phone lines and 6
internal VoIP phones and about 6 external VoIP phones.
I would like to have:
1. Announcements for callers (dial the extension number)
2. voice mail with mail forwarding
3. wakeup call
4. pickup group
5. call forwarding after 20 seconds, ...
6. ISN support, Sipbroker support
7. remote gateway support

I guess that is all what I would need at home.

What is your suggestion for that?

bye

Ronald