[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] phone rings "once" before playing message

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:07:26 CDT 2008

On 08/12/08 14:28, John Fawcett wrote:
>Joseph wrote:
>| My phone rings "once" and stops before playing message; how to stop
>this behavior.
>|
>| Could it have something to do with this error:
>|
>|   channel_find_locked: Avoided initial deadlock for '0x81c04d0', 9
>retries!
>|

>| Here is the dial plan:
>| exten => s,1,Wait(2)
>| exten => s,2,Answer
>| exten => s,3,SetMusicOnHold(default)
>| exten => s,4,Background(office-closed)
>| exten => s,5,Voicemail(441)
>| exten => s,6,Hangup()
>Joseph,
>you could also try putting Answer as first priority.
>John

Solved.
It was a setting on PSTN line:
PSTN-To-VoIP

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable: Yes
PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: Yes
PSTN Answer Delay: 3

If both are set to yes and there is any Answer Delay set or even delay is 0 sometimes the phone on line one rings for 0.5sec.
It was always bugging me they it is happening.
To stop it: PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: needs to be set to "NO"

--
#Joseph