[asterisk-users] IAX2 variable sharing

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Mon Aug 11 14:43:48 CDT 2008

TP'n to follow broken flow.

As i stated, you must use a 'user to user' (friend) as the iax2_user
structure has struct ast_variable *vars, the iax2_peer (and
iax2_trunk_peer) do NOT.

Therefore you cannot pass *channel variables* when using peer-user
setups, only user-user setups.

Which means, you must setup both sides as user (which 'friend' on both
sides will do).

There are associated security issues with this setup (which is why is it
not advised), especially when you do not fully understand this interaction.
(which you appear to not understand)

I have visually confirmed this is still true in up to asterisk 1.4.19