[asterisk-users] Getting Asterisk out of the RTP media path

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Mon Aug 11 12:04:26 CDT 2008

SIP wrote:
> When calling from our SIP proxy through Asterisk to the PSTN provider,
> we support reINVITES which tend to work seamlessly.
>
> However, when creating a call file which essentially connects a call
> from the SIP proxy to the SIP proxy, Asterisk wants to stay in the RTP
> media path. I understand that this is sort of the idea behind a bridged
> channel, but is there any way to avoid it? Is there any way to say
> "Connect this number and this number and then get out of the way,"  or
> is this a design limitation?
>
> N.

No ideas on this one? I've tried everything I can think of and then some
and still can't get Asterisk out of the media path. I can do it if I
don't originate the call with Asterisk, but only use Asterisk to connect
one leg of the call, but if I use Asterisk to connect both legs, no luck.

Going about this the wrong way?

N.