[asterisk-users] H323 Issue

emist emistz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 13:31:22 CDT 2008

Hey,

I'm not sure whats going on but I have built and installed chan_ooh323
from asterisk addons. When I try to dial a call to an h323 provider i
get the "Channel not implemented" error.

When I load chan_ooh323.so I get:
[Aug 10 14:28:00] WARNING[23007]: loader.c:647 load_resource: Module
'chan_ooh323.so' already exists.

Which seems to indicate its already installed and loaded.

However, when I check what channel types are available h323 doesn't appear:
deimos*CLI> show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate
Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------
-----------  --------
Zap         Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI            no           yes
       no
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes
       no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes
       yes
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes
       no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes
       yes
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes
       no
Feature     Feature Proxy Channel Driver             no           yes
       no
Console     OSS Console Channel Driver               no           yes
       no
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes
       no
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  no           yes
       no
10 channel drivers registered.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Regards,