[asterisk-users] New FXO/FXS interface needed..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 9 05:16:18 CDT 2008

Hi,

My Asterisk box has sat happily doing its job for years now and never
had any real issues.. Unfortunately a lightning storm the other night
appears to have damaged the TDM400P (1 FXS and 1 FXO port)..

Since this system was put together there seem to heave been a lot of
developments in the hardware that can be used with Asterisk..

The main players appear to be Digium (obviously), Sangoma and Openvox..

Now I am not wanting to start a war because I know everyone has their
preferences when it comes to these type of things..

My question is simply will the other cards "just work" like the TDM400P
did?? Will I have to build extra drivers?? am I going to have headaches
trying to get the non digium cards working??

I am still running really old versions of Asterisk and Zaptel so I am
sure I am going to have to upgrade the whole system now, unless I just
get another TDM400P.. :)

Thanks for any input..