[asterisk-users] More News: 1.6/Trunk Compatibility

bkruse bkruse at digium.com
Fri Aug 8 16:30:26 CDT 2008

Hey Guys,

Asterisk Trunk had some changes made about 7-8 months ago, that is also
in 1.6.x that
hindered the GUI from working (because of more strict config file
writing, which
is exactly what we needed to not fall into situations we had before).

This work was done for one main reason:

When the GUI updates a configuration file, it may need to delete a
category, and then add
a new one, delete some options, and add some. The problem with this, is
that if any of them
failed for various reasons DURING that process, the process would continue.

Jpeeler took the liberty of making this NOT happen, and that case never
happens (where only
half or so of the options get committed to the files)

Anyways, Pari did some awesome work in Branches/2.0 (if you have not
been reading the commit
messages) that fix compatibility with 1.6 and trunk.

Just want to keep you guys up-to-date :]

-bk