[asterisk-users] chan_mobile: scrambled audio, no MOH, no call signalization

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Fri Aug 8 14:17:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

I started testing chan_mobile. Target is having some old phone with a
duosim (second card with same number) put to silent somewhere in the
rack with the *. That phone should mainly take incoming calls and after
45secs put them to the mailbox AND permit me to talk via my nice Cisco
desktop phones.

I'm using latest trunk of everything.

First I tried with a 6310i. Outgoing calls had badly scrambled audio and
incoming calls were not signalled.

Now I have a Sony Ericsson Z600. The first outgoing call had scrambled
audio. After an incoming call with clear audio, the following calls had
also good audio. I remember I had a similar problem when I wanted to use
my Win PC as a headset. Maybe it's in the dongle. I use a CSR chipset BT
dongle.

root at k-tanco:~> hwinfo --bluetooth
06: USB 00.0: 11500 Bluetooth Device
  [Created at usb.122]
  UDI: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ffffffff_ffffffff_noserial
  Unique ID: FKGF.nQKjiuCfL84
  Parent ID: pBe4.T_tl6i7A1LE
  SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:10.1/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0
  SysFS BusID: 2-1:1.0
  Hardware Class: bluetooth
  Model: "Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)"
  Hotplug: USB
  Vendor: usb 0x0a12 "Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd"
  Device: usb 0x0001 "Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)"
  Revision: "5.25"
  Driver: "hci_usb"
  Driver Modules: "hci_usb"
  Speed: 12 Mbps
  Module Alias: "usb:v0A12p0001d0525dcE0dsc01dp01icE0isc01ip01"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: hci_usb is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe hci_usb"
  Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
  Attached to: #2 (Hub)
root at k-tanco:~>

I also noticed that there is no MOH at all (also not started according
to CLI) when a local phone holds the chan_mobile call. This is valid for
SCCP, SIP and IAX clients.

I would be interested in further testing and bugsearching as chan_mobile
could save me from the need of a landline :).

Terve,
Stefan

--
Last words of a stormchaser: