[asterisk-users] Semi-OT: ServerBeach for VoIP

Kristian Kielhofner kkielhofner at star2star.com
Fri Aug 8 12:31:18 CDT 2008

Hello,

  I'm looking at getting a dedicated server from ServerBeach to host
some light Asterisk/VoIP/SIP stuff.  Has anyone used them for this
before?  I'm pretty sure I've heard good things (in general) about
them but VoIP is a very different animal than web hosting - especially
for the network (obviously).  ServerBeach uses the Peer1 network which
looks pretty good.  In fact that's how I found out about them in the
first place.

  Or maybe I can do better than ServerBeach?  Does anyone know of a
dedicated hosting provider that meets the following specs:

- Multiple physical datacenters available by request
- Well peered network with multiple Tier 1's (Level3, AT&T, Qwest,
Verizon Biz, etc)
- Dedicated servers running Linux (preferably CentOS)

  Ideally I'd like to be at $150/mo or less.  Bandwidth/peering is
important but transfer isn't really an issue - SIP/RTP is just a bunch
of small packets! :)  Other hardware specs don't matter much either.
I'd rather have a Pentium 2 running on an awesome network than have an
Athlon 5000 with nothing but dirty bandwidth.

  Any ideas?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org