[asterisk-users] Zap channels stuck...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Aug 8 10:16:31 CDT 2008

	My office Asterisk box has a TDM04B card for three land lines and a GSM
gateway.  I have noticed that the Zap channels get stuck a couple times
a week and I have to restart Asterisk to clear them.  Here is what I see
in the console:

Connected to Asterisk 1.4.21.2 currently running on pbxoficina (pid =
18948)
Verbosity is at least 3
pbxoficina*CLI> core show channels verbose
Channel              Context              Extension        Prio State
Application  Data                      CallerID        Duration
Accountcode BridgedTo
Zap/1-1              macro-stdexten       s                   1 Up
Dial         SIP/2001|25|Ww            5554801230               general
(None)
Zap/2-1              macro-stdexten       s                   1 Up
Dial         SIP/2001|25|Ww            5554801230               general
(None)
2 active channels
28 active calls

	I have upgraded Asterisk and Zaptel to the latest stable version but I
still have the same problem.  The other strange thing is that if I do a
"service asterisk stop" it does kill the malfunctioning Asterisk process
but I can see that it restarts immediately which is not supposed to
happen.  This behavior is only present when there are stuck channels.
When everything is ok it will properly stop asterisk and safe_asterisk.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001