[asterisk-users] intercom/paging with grandstream gxp2000

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Aug 7 06:32:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Fidel Garcia wrote:

> Guys I have been reading for days on how to get this to work with asterisk
> and for some reason every time I call the call goes to intercom.  I know I
> must be doing something wrong with the way I am adding the steps to my call;
> I am not familiar with variables and flags.

What *exactly* are you trying to achieve?

I have used both paging and intercom mode in the Grandstreams with good
results.

You do need the settings in the phone set ON - ie.

 	Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info:   No      Yes
 	Turn off speaker on remote disconnect:   No      Yes

These both need to be set to YES or ON.

That won't affect normal calls to that account on the phone - although the
"turn off speaker" one does make the phone easier to use IMO...

So call the phone and the person answers normally, as before, but if you
rhen add the SIP header:

 	SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)

The phone will auto-answer - when the next Dial or Page command is
directed to it.

What next? If you want to Page the phone, use the Page() application.

So if the phone is SIP/100 then to Dial the phone normally..

     exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/100)

but to page it:

     exten => 200,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)
     exten => 200,n,Page(SIP/100)

and to intercom to it:

     exten => 300,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)
     exten => 300,n,Page(SIP/100,d)

So this has added 3 new extensions, 100, 200 and 300 - which all 'call'
SIP/100, but in 3 differet ways.

Gordon