[asterisk-users] Capture digits, set as variable..., use for caller id?

Positively Optimistic positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:35:01 CDT 2008

We've searched but thus far have not successfully found a solution for this…

We're looking for a way to set a variable using get digits for a DISA
application.   Sometimes we're away from the office and get a voicemail that
I need to respond to quickly and would prefer for the caller to be presented
with the caller id of the office, or perhaps home….

I would like to set up DISA so that we can dial into the switch, enter a
password, provide the outgoing caller ID that we want to present, enter the
number I want to dial, and PRESTO..   make a call…   Any ideas?