[asterisk-users] OT: Cisco 7961 SIP downgrade from 8.3.3 -> 8.0.4SRS2 failing

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 6 11:01:33 CDT 2008

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion. Comment inline.

Matt Gibson wrote:
> [...]

Just to make sure, it's a downgrade from 8.3.3 to 8.0.4. The only line
changed in the SEPxxx file is:

from
<loadInformation>SIP41.8-3-3S</loadInformation>

<loadInformation>SIP41.8-0-4SRS2</loadInformation>

Nothing else changed. When I power the phone down and up again, the only
thing it does is going into the upgrade screen, getting an IP from the
DHCP server and then say "Upgrading". In the tftpserver logs I can see
that it does not even pick up the SEPxxx file.

I haven't checked the phone's web interface. Frankly I wasn't aware that
it was active during the upgrade process. I did try telnet and ssh but
both were unresponsive. Will try the web interface when I'm near the
phone again.

Thanks,
Patrick