[asterisk-users] OT: Cisco 7961 SIP downgrade from 8.3.3 -> 8.0.4SRS2 failing

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 6 06:34:17 CDT 2008

Hi,

My apologies for the OT. My googling came up empty and hopefully there
are some members in the community that could give me a hint how to solve
this issue:

Cisco 7961 with SIP firmware 8.3.3. Needed to downgrade it to 8.0.4SRS2.
The downgrade process started off good. The 7961 got it's IP address via
DHCP, found it's SEP<mac>.cnf.xml file and started to "upgrade" the
phone with the 8.0.4 firmware. All was well until it finally rebooted.
Now it get's an IP from the DHCP server and says upgrading. Nothing
else. It just seems to hang (monitored it for more than an hour).

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick