[asterisk-users] Autoanswer in Nokia SIP clients?

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Tue Aug 5 05:57:03 CDT 2008

Olivier schrieb:

>     Well, if I'm in a GSM call, the Nokia SIP client anyway signals busy to
>     a SIP call.
>
> Is it certain ?

Yes, just tested it myself. Phone answers with "Busy here" if in a GSM call.

> From my understanding, Symbian applications MUST leave this decision
> type to an external program, which at this stage, is not customizable ...
> I don't know if alternatives (LiMO, Android, ...) would be more open to
> this customization but for Symbian, not only Nokia SIP client wouldn't
> let you autoanswer to SIP calls, but any other SIP client complying to
> Symbian design wouldn't support autoanswer.

Well, there are Symbian application implementing a local answering
machine on the phone. There even is a "spy" application which
autoanswers a call from a specific number without any indication and
rejects all other calls, so it must be possible for a Symbian app to
autoanswer a call, even from GSM.

I just don't see the point why it shouldn't be possible for a SIP client
to autoanswer a call instead of waiting for the green button, given that
the phone is not in a GSM call.

-S