[asterisk-users] Push to talk over cellular with asterisk (was: Autoanswer in Nokia SIP clients?)

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Mon Aug 4 08:20:43 CDT 2008

Gordon Henderson schrieb:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Patrick wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> Stefan Gofferje wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> anybody knows if it is possible to make the Nokia SIP client in the
>>> phones autoanswer a call in speakerphone mode?
>>
>> I looked into this for my N95 but if it's possible then it isn't
>> documented. At least I could not find any public documentation how to do
>> it. I did not dig into the Symbian developer docs. Maybe those contain
>> the answer.
>
> Similarly for my E90. There's nothing obvious in it that'll make it
> auto-answer.

I was hoping that Nokia was sloppy and tried sending SIP INVITES with
PoC headers but the phone was ignoring them or answering with a
"unsupported media type" or similar.

Unfortunately, I also wasn't able to register the PoC application with
my asterisk.
Anybody knows if somebody works on an PoC / push to talk over cellular
implementation for *? I studied the 3GPP / Nokia drafts about 2 or 3
years ago. It doesn't look too complicated but I'm not exactly a gifted
programmer :).

--Stefan