[asterisk-users] How do I issue a Flash to Zap (PSTN) from SIP?

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Sat Aug 2 15:59:10 CDT 2008

I've seen a few posts on this issue, however, no definitive answer.

My PSTN is connected to Zap/4.  I have simple Call Waiting service on
the PSTN line.

All the other phones are SIP clients.

When I'm on an Zap/SIP connection and another call comes in, I can hear
the Call Waiting Tone on the SIP line.

How can I issue a Flash/Hook to the Zap line in order to accept the
other call?

Also, is there any means to get Caller ID for the other call?

I've seen posts that I can use *0 or *3 to send the Flash/Hook, however,
that doesn't work for me.

I realize there is a Flash( ) Dialplan function.  How can I use this
Function in the Dialplan with a call which is currently in progress?

Any advice is most appreciated.

Jim