[asterisk-users] AA50 Failover

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Aug 1 08:35:53 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 02:10:34PM -0400, Dave Welsh wrote:
>
>> If I buy two AA50s can I set them up so that everything runs through the
>> first one, but the second one will take over if the first one goes down?
>>    I can see the extensions recovering, because they use ethernet, but
>> what about the FSO lines? Is there a way they can be spliced to both
>> AA50s so that no one need to do any emergency rewiring?
>>

> Thinking aloud:
>
> what happens if you just connect th two units on the same phone line?

Use one of those fax/modem/phone sharing boxes that blocks the other
devices when one is off hook.

> You basically need a way to prevent the slave unit from answering calls
> if the master is alive.

Set the primary unit to pick up on, say, 2 rings and the secondary unit
to pick up on 4.
If the primary fails, it won't pick up the line and the secondary takes
over.

You could try having your phones register to both but I'm not sure how
that would work

regards,

Drew

--