[asterisk-users] Customize Music On Hold

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Apr 30 13:23:55 CDT 2008

Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Doug Lytle wrote:
>

>> Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
>>
>>> How can I customize the "music on hold" files ???
>>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Convert+WAV+audio+files+for+use+in+Asterisk&view_comment_id=13455
>>

> Personally, that seems a bit like using a sledge hammer when a tack hammer

You've lost me on that one, under the section on how to use wav files,
it states:

      Using WAV files

Asterisk has codecs for wav (pcm), gsm, g729, g726, and wav49, all of
which can be used for Playback and Background. However, Asterisk does
not understand ADPCM WAV files. To convert your WAV files to a format
which Asterisk can understand, use the following command:

   sox foo-in.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -s -w foo-out.wav resample -ql

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: