[asterisk-users] Customize Music On Hold

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Wed Apr 30 11:33:57 CDT 2008

Dear all, I have Asterisk 1.4.13 with the default configuration for
Music On Hold. I have this in /etc/asterisk/musiconhold.conf:

[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh

and in /var/lib/asterisk/moh I have the default wav files:

fpm-calm-river.wav  fpm-sunshine.wav  fpm-world-mix.wav

This way the music on hold works very good.

After that I use audacity to export my own MP3 files to WAV, and finally
I put them into /var/lib/asterisk/moh and delete the default fpm* wav files.

But when we call any other and turn on the HOLD function, the music
doesn't work.

How can I customize the "music on hold" files ???

Special thanks.

Alejandro