[asterisk-users] func_odbc creating records or best practice

Robert McNaught asteriskator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:30:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to write a custom application which will integrate with an
existing MSSQL crm system.

We need to get ahold of the CDR(uniqueid) field in during call-time -
I see from doing a DumpChan(), the CDR unique ID is available as soon
as the call is created.  CDRs usind odbc are only written once the
call is completed.  Does anyone know if it is possible to use
func_odbc to create a temporary record then delete it so that this
information is available to MSSQL.  I was not sure if func_odbc was
limited to just using UPDATE/SELECT queries.

Would there be a better way to do this using the AMI or AGI?  It just
seems a little strange to use a database for storing temporary data
such as this?

Thanks in Advance

Robert McNaught