[asterisk-users] noisy analog lines

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Apr 28 14:37:47 CDT 2008

To help you adjust your rxgain and txgain appropriately, you can ask
your telco for the phone number for a "milliwatt test line".  10 is a
pretty high number for the gain, although it DOES depend on your
distance from the telco and the line quality.  My rxgain ranges between
2.375 and 2.945 depending on the specific channel.  I'm a half mile from
the center.