[asterisk-users] Dell 1950

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Mon Apr 28 08:43:30 CDT 2008

The 2 Port card may not provide the number of channels you may need to
do this. I would bump it up to a four port.

I would also look at more HD space. You are fine on RAM memory, if you
need to for budget constraints I would be OK with dropping the RAM and
upping the Hard Drive Space. 2-4 GB of ram is PLENTY...

What are you interfacing with and how (RBS T1, PRI). How are you
planning on managing the user accounts?  Are you building a web
interface. One simple way although it would break the Directory
application is to create All the possible mailbox numbers and then
create aliases in your email program to route them.

IE

VMBox             email                                        real
email

12345               12345 at emailgateway
bsmith at mail.plymouth.edu

Of you could build a Dialplan application that uses LDAP and query the
database.

I am not sure on your network setup so I can't really give you specifics
only hints...

Alex