[asterisk-users] Manual Wardialer

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 28 06:07:42 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:37:29AM +0000, Arthur wrote:

> > can tell you that it is an actual asterisk application (with a conf
> > file) and html for the web interface (and obviously a database).
>

> I'd like to start something similar with python/Mysql under the hood & a web
> page at the front end (ajax) ... but so far my time does not help. I wonder
> if there are any projects like this around.
> I believe the most delicate part would be interfacing with asterisk ?

Indeed.

exten => wardial,1,NoOp(wardialing: basenum: $(GLOBAL(wardial_base)}; start: ${GLOBAL(wardial_start); end: ${GLOBAL(wardial_end)}
exten => wardial,n,Set(i=${wardial_start})
exten => wardial,n,While($[ $i <= ${GLOBAL(wardial_end)}
exten => wardial,n,Set(num=$[ $(GLOBAL(wardial_base)} + ${i} ])
exten => wardial,n,Dial($${GLOBAL(wardial_trunk)}/${num},10,gH)
exten => wardial,n,EndWhile()

Completely untested. Controlled through globals you can set with e.g
'core set global' in the CLI.

Badly missing are sanity checks for the value of the variable. And
probably also copy the global wardial_en to a local variable to reduce
the chance of unexpected changes.

It also assumes that the number to dial is an actual number (e.g: has no
'-', 'w', and other nonsense). But then again, you can use SPRINTF to
construct the number (num).

You can add whatever bells and whistles around htat, and implement it in
some 20 other different ways. but it remains something that is not so
complicated to implement with Asterisk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com