[asterisk-users] Sangoma A200 to A200D

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sun Apr 27 11:50:51 CDT 2008

Todd wrote:

>I've got a relatively new system and I'm going to swap the cards -
>from a 4FXO Sangoma to a 4FXO with HWEC.  Do I need to recompile
>Zaptel on this system? Or can I just swap the cards?  It's a heavily
>used system so I want to minimize downtime.
>  thanks
>     Todd

It should work fine just by swapping cards if your Sangoma driver
install compiled with Hardware Echo Cancel support.  All you need to do
now is edit the wanpipe conf file to include:
TDMV_HWEC       = YES

If it is a 2.4 Kernel then I would have my doubts about HWEC working out
of the box since it requires DEVFS and some distros like RedHat don't
have support for it by default.
(http://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-linux-asterisk-appendix#devfs_warning)

Andres
http://www.neuroredes.com