[asterisk-users] psql

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Apr 27 11:42:16 CDT 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 11:11:28 Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Tilghman Lesher
>
> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 April 2008 01:46:23 Pezhman Lali wrote:
> >  > I am using ast 1.4.19 with postgres.
> >  > the realtime extension was done properly, but the two
> >  > following warning was reported,
> >  > 1)realtime_pgsql: Postgresql RealTime: Could not find
> >  > any rows in table extensions.
> >  > 2)realtime_multi_pgsql: Postgresql RealTime: Could not
> >  > find any rows in table extensions.
> >
> >  Those warnings are safe to ignore.  They really should be at log level
> > DEBUG, not WARNING, because queries will fail to retrieve any results
> > much of the time.  This is due to our searching for matches, which starts
> > at the most specific match first and falls back to more general matches.
> > So any match for extensions that employs a pattern match will always
> > generate one query which succeeds, but fails to return any results.
>
> Not to start any huge debate, but what is the best (most tested and
> stable) database setup?  I am under the impression that MySQL plus the
> ODBC driver is "the best".

That's fine, but I have had the most horrid results using any distribution-
supplied ODBC drivers.  The best results are obtained by source-compiling
the latest ODBC drivers, whether they be the MySQL ODBC Connector 3.51 or
PsqlODBC.  UnixODBC is fairly safe to use from distribution channels, however.

--
Tilghman