[asterisk-users] Playback / Background / Read choppy, but musiconhold fine, even with ztdummy

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 10:02:14 CDT 2008

In article <475001.15893.qm at web46412.mail.sp1.yahoo.com>,
Benjamin Jacob <ben4asterisk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also,  I don't think my SIP gateway uses Silence suppression, because the same SIP gateway
> connections work fine with another Asterisk server.

OK, I think you need to home in on the differences between the server(s)
that work fine and the one that doesn't.

What version of kernel is it running? If it less than 2.6.13, make sure
you change "#if 0" to "#if 1" in ztdummy.c so that USE_RTC still gets
enabled.

Try "watch -dn 1 cat /proc/interrupts" and check that the RTC interrupts
are going up by 1024 per second. This is with ztdummy running.

What else is going on on this server? Does it have any virtual machines
on it? Does it have X Windows running? What does "top" show?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield