[asterisk-users] No CallerID Transfer Problem

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 08:08:09 CDT 2008

2008/4/24 Ken Williams <ken at intermountainelectronics.com>:

> Came upon a problem today that I thought I'd see if it's by design, if I'm
> missing an option somewhere, or if my fix is the way to fix it.
>
> We setup a remote location with a server, same as we've done with others,
> but for some reason when they would transfer an outside call anywhere it
> would pause for a few seconds and hang up the line.
>
> Well, after spending most of the day on it, it turns out it's because they
> don't have callerID on the PSTN lines coming in through zaptel.  My first
> thought was, set "usecallerid=no" and all would be well, but this didn't do
> any good.  After playing a bit longer I just set the following:
>
>         exten => 900,2,set(CALLERID(num)="606-555-1212")
>         exten => 900,3,set(CALLERID(name)="Outside Call")
>         exten => 900,4,Dial(${DIALEXTENSIONS},${RINGTIMER},${DIAL_OPTIONS})
>
> Now all works well.
>
> So is there another option somewhere to keep asterisk from killing a
> transfer without callerid?  This happened on both 1.4.17 & 1.4.18.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Can I guess that they are using snom phones with firmware 7.1.30? I
encountered exactly that bug here, but only if I enabled "sendrpid" in
the sip.conf of the asterisk system. Downgrading to a more-stable
6.5.x snom firmware, or disabling "sendrpid" for all of the snom
devices fixed this in our case. (Roll on the next snom firmware
release!)

If not, then can I suggest that you provide more detail of equipment
involved - PCI cards, handsets etc etc?

Hope that helps,
Steve