[asterisk-users] Asterisk for larg

Mike Trest - On Travel Mike at Trest.COM
Fri Apr 25 06:50:20 CDT 2008

Hmmm,

IMHO this is a fundamental SIP architecture issue.

To meet my understanding of distribution, this would required a proxy
function before the call "answer()" on the Asterisk.   If , in an
ideal world, this proxy function were to be in the path before
answer(), the proxy would need added intelligence to examine the
INVITE and deduce from it's content the need for IVR or VoiceMail.
This is an Active Call Director functionality.  IMHO, this well
within the capabilities of several SIP proxy packages available today.

Once answered, the Asterisk will remain in the call path.   If that
is ok in your need for distribution, you can push the call onward via
any Asterisk dialplan extension to be serviced by a whole farm of
other Asterisks for specific chores.

..mike..