[asterisk-users] Cisco to Asterisk migration

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Fri Apr 25 05:29:48 CDT 2008

Hi Femi

We have about 50 Cisco 7960s on one site off Asterisk 1.4.18

Its all SIP and it doesn't stress a P3 system much at all.

I am not sure what phones you are using - the 7960s are not hard to configure, a bit of process to convert from the Cisco Skinny to
SIP (using SIP v8.6) but everything seems to work well. The 7961s or 7971s use an XML config which is probably

Everything loads off the TFTP server. We are using the Linksys POE Switches SFE2000P which seem okay but don't always like to be
fully loaded

Things I would work on are automating or simplifying the provisioning (doesn't change that much once its done), firmware upgrades,
and getting to know the config files well.

Cheers Duncan