[asterisk-users] Digium B410P or Sangoma A502D?

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 25 05:17:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 19:50 -0400, Matt Watson wrote:
> I haven;t used any BRI cards but... call me crazy but wouldn;t they
> still be using Zaptel (even your sangoma... the script might just be
> configuring it for you)...

Last time I installed them the Sangoma drivers sorta run on top of
zaptel.

> and btw, software echo cancel happens in the zaptel kernel driver...
> it has nothing to do with the hardware (hence why its a software echo
> cancel)....
>
> You also would of had the option of buying HPEC licenses for software
> echo cancel from digium for a rather cheap price.

That's a solution too but a bit of a risk since afaik the hardware echo
cancellation can perform better than the software one. The CEO at the
client has echo to certain POTS destinations and I want to make sure
everything on his side is top notch.

Regards,
Patrick