[asterisk-users] No DTMF on Sip Trunk?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 24 19:30:02 CDT 2008

No, it is not the same thing.  An IAX2 Trunk is a version of IAX2 that
puts audio from multiple calls between the same two servers into a
single UDP packet.  Fewer packets need to be sent so you use the
bandwidth much more efficiency because you don't have the packet header
overhead.

SIP does nothing similar.