[asterisk-users] No DTMF on Sip Trunk?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 24 15:39:16 CDT 2008

For ABE support you really should contact Digium.  BTW, there is no such
thing as a "sip trunk".  It's a sip peer or connection or account.

Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi Jared -
>
>>  > For the first time, I'm setting up SIP trunking between two asterisk
>>  > boxes.  The calls themselves work fine, but I'm not able to get DTMF
>>  > working.
>>
>>  If you're connecting an Asterisk 1.2 box to an Asterisk 1.4 box (as it
>>  appears that you are), you'll need to set "rfc2833compensate=yes" in the
>>  peer or friend section of sip.conf on the Asterisk 1.4 box.
>
> Unfortunately, this didn't work.  Maybe rfc2833compensate isn't
> available in ABE?
>
> I think this may require inband signalling anyway, as we'll require
> non-sip (zap) devices to be able to use these sip trunks and enter
> DTMF.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Noah

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.