[asterisk-users] MFC/R2 in chan_zap , Testers Wanted

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Thu Apr 24 11:55:32 CDT 2008

> > Hello Moisés, thanks for your effort on this! I would love to use
> Digium cards for MFC/R2 signalling in the future.
> Currently you can use Digium cards with Unicall  :-) , tho, having
> MFC/R2 on chan_zap is more handy.

Way more handy and will be much more reliable too. Steve Underwood did a great job implemeting it, but as far as I know the code isn't actively maintained anymore. Of course your implementation of MFC/R2 will take a while to become stable, but hey -- it's a start.

> >  I added some info you might like in the bugtracker, you might take
> a look at it.
> I will, thanks!

Russel pointed some licensing stuff related to the Digivoice drivers. Please listen to him on that, I had no idea of that kind of complication. If your implementation of MFC/R2 can't be integrated in Zaptel, then it's no much better than Unicall.

I guess if you look at Digivoice's code to figure out how it works and then write your own code, there will be no licensing issues. But that's just a guess, Russel will need to clarify it.

You can count on me for any testing needed on the BR variant.