[asterisk-users] Next step in extensions.conf after answer the phone in Queue

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 09:37:26 CDT 2008

In article <670f60170804240704q3c416e38y70acb0dd7d53e733 at mail.gmail.com>,
Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:
> >  Atis Lezdins wrote:
> >  > Queue will continue if called person hangs up (and there's no option).
> >  > If caller hangs up, call goes to h extension in same context. Just the
> >  > same way as Dial with 'g'. There's a change in 1.6 that allows called
> >  > channel to continue if caller hangs up, so probably something like
> >  > this could be applied also to Queue (or was that actually working with
> >  > using Local channels?).
> >  >

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Al Baker <bwentdg at pipeline.com> wrote:
> > Why would you want a "channel to continue" after the caller has hung up.
> >  I clearly am missing something here because I can't see what good that
> >  would be.  What do people do with this "Continued Channel" ?
> >  What is is used for ? How Does having it help you ? ???
>
> To play something to called party.
>
> I'm not familiar with that feature too deep, but I guess it's not
> caller channel but called channel that's continued.

No. The dialplan is executing on the calling channel. The called channel
just belongs to the Dial application and is not in the dialplan itself.
So the called channel has no context in which to invoke a Playback()
when the caller hangs up.

This has recently been addressed in SVN trunk by the addition of the
option F(context^exten^pri) - When the caller hangs up, transfer the
called party to the specified context and extension and continue execution.

However, it doesn't appear to be in the 1.6.0 branch, so won't appear in
a release until 1.6.1.

If you want to apply the patch yourself, you can find it in the bug tracker
at http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11954

Cheers
Tony
--