[asterisk-users] need examples of asterisk and mysql integration

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 23 16:10:47 CDT 2008

I did not mean to stir up a hornet's nest or religious war :)
The BASIC QUESTION I was trying to ask is this...
   "Since the MYSQL add-on provides a way to interface with MySQL
     what is it that one gains or is trying to gain by writing their OWN
     AGI script to do the interface ?"

The only reason I mention this being a "performance hit" was that the
book ATFOT
mentioned that AGI scripts in general were less efficient and therefore
one should
do all possible work in the dial plan.

Maybe this is true, maybe this is not true.

Regardless.....

I would just like to borrow from the expertise and experience of other
and ask the BASIC QUESTION above and hope that folks will share their
experiences. I'm pretty sure they did what they did for very very good
reasons that I am just not experienced enough yet to know.

So.... The answer to the questions is........ ???