[asterisk-users] Next step in extensions.conf after answer the phone in Queue

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:56:41 CDT 2008

May be I'm wrong but:*

timeout - the maximum time, in seconds, the call will wait in the queue.
When this time expires, the next extension, by priority, will be executed.
By default the timeout is set to 300 seconds.

So you clearly have two ways to feed your database with your statistics:

If (agent is busy)
{
You will get timeout and you will go throuhg the next priority of your
dialplan
}
else
{
You can use the exten=> h to insert your database info correctly just after
your customer hangup the call
}

Also notice that

This application sets the following channel variable upon completion:
QUEUESTATUS    The status of the call as a text string, one of TIMEOUT |
FULL | JOINEMPTY | LEAVEEMPTY | JOINUNAVAIL | LEAVEUNAVAI

run on your asterisk CLI > show application Queue

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Mouta

*
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM, AnDY <andrej at ok.cvut.cz> wrote:

> I want to log in database some info ( total agents logged in, busy
> agents, time ... ). I have some variables and checking them.
> Let me explain it from beginning:
> Somebody call the queue and everyone is busy, i need to play to caller
> that everyone is busy and he should call later, and log this situation.
> So I have to variables. Total agents available (TQC) to pick up and busy
> agents (BQC). If everyone is busy than this to variables matches and the
> caller has to wait. This I need to log with this two numbers.
> If BQC != TQC  I need just log the numbers nothing else.
>
> Hopefully it is clear to you.
> Maybe there is another solution how to do that.
> Btw. I am putting this stats in MySQL database.
>
> Andy
>
> Al Baker napsal(a):
> > Why would you want a "channel to continue" after the caller has hung up.
> > I clearly am missing something here because I can't see what good that
> > would be.  What do people do with this "Continued Channel" ?
> > What is is used for ? How Does having it help you ? ???
> >
> > Atis Lezdins wrote:
> >
> >> Queue will continue if called person hangs up (and there's no option).
> >> If caller hangs up, call goes to h extension in same context. Just the
> >> same way as Dial with 'g'. There's a change in 1.6 that allows called
> >> channel to continue if caller hangs up, so probably something like
> >> this could be applied also to Queue (or was that actually working with
> >> using Local channels?).
> >>
> >> Regards,

> will
> am

> 53331.195.250.139.102.1208950645.squirrel at nemesis.ok.cvut.cz>,

> my
> it will
> someone,
> if you
> complete:

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário
pretendido, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este e-mail. Se recebeu
esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor e elimine-a
imediatamente. Obrigado.

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.