[asterisk-users] Quality problems with ISDN PRI

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Apr 23 13:14:27 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM, linuxian iandsd <pylinuxian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just curious, are you recording these calls because that is around the
> > I/O threshold for audio issues when recording all calls.
>
> 100% right, all recording should (its a must actually) be done in ram drive
> then copied to disk later. an asterisk server that do recording should have
> enough ram to store the recording ... perhaps 2Gigs that should be emptied
> every one hour or two.

There are much better solutions than doing a RAM drive.  While it may
be stable (not in my experience, I advise using different servers for
different tasks (with redundancy obviously).  A phone switch should be
just that, a recording server should also be just that (in demanding
environments).

Thanks,
Steve Totaro