[asterisk-users] Quality problems with ISDN PRI

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 23 12:12:47 CDT 2008

>> Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>>>
>>> We have an Asterisk server with a TE410P Quad-Span togglable E1/T1/J1
>>> card, 3 SPANs configured and OK and one SPAN unconfigured.
>>>
>>> In our tests it works fine, but when it has a big laod of calls (say,
>>> from 40 to 60) we have quality problems: some calls has the sound
>>> cut-off (during the call, voice was not stable)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, linuxian iandsd wrote:

> best solution would be to return quad card & buy 4 single port cards & put 4
> servers instead of  one ... but i guess this is only possible it you had a
> time machine ...

I disagree.

I have a customer running single te410p's in HP DL-380's (I'm pretty
sure...) with no audio quality complaints.

The DL's only answer, run a couple of AGI's and dial() to a central
"application server."

They frequently "max out" all 94 channels (ISDN PRI NFAS).

Thanks in advance,