[asterisk-users] Asterisk SNOM and DTMF

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Wed Apr 23 09:17:22 CDT 2008

For information purposes:
We had problems with proper dtmf recognition.
Asterisk Version: SVN-branch-1.4-r114083
SNOM FW: 7.1.30

With the above constellation dtmf tones sometimes worked and sometimes not.
Already a few hours and much testings later, we "found" and used the
configuration parm
relaxdtmf.
In the past we diddn't use this parameter at all without any dtmf problems.
Perhaps a silent change in asterisk's way of handling dtmf?

With relaxdtmf=yes in sip.conf's general context, dtmf tones seem to work
reliable.
Not shure about other magic side-effects, but it helped.

In the hope of saving someone else "a few" hours...

Guido

gwsNetTech
Guido Hecken

Quirrenbacher Str. 36