[asterisk-users] AST-2008-006 - 3-way handshake in IAX2 incomplete

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 23 07:42:58 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 01:06 -0400, Matt Watson wrote:
> I can;t imagine what headaches you'd have going from 1.4.11 to 1.4.19.1... that is a minor version upgrade... no real change in functionality....

Yeah, that's the theory anyway.  :-)

>  thats basically 8 versions of bug fixes...

And what whatever ripple effects they might have caused.  I may end up
with a bug in code I never use being fixed causing a bug in code I do
use.

> if you just apply the IAX2 patch, you'll be fixing 1 out of probably a hundreds of bugs.

Sure, but it's the only bug that is causing me problems currently.  Like
I said "if it ain't broke don't fix it", and my corollary, "if it is
broke, only fix what's broke, don't try to make it better".

> but if you are staying in the 1.4 series you shouldn;t have any problems...

Well, in fact I did try to build 1.4.17 a while ago and it ended up
being a complete nightmare of required upgraded dependencies that I just
gave up and will wait for the Ubuntu upgrade to Hardy to upgrade my
Asterisk to whatever release is in that.

>  worst case is if its broke you just make install your 1.4.11 overtop of 1.4.19.1 to revert back.

Yes, true, but only after having pissed a bunch of time away on trying,
getting complaints from users, etc.  No thanks.

b.